Thursday, September 07, 2006

Being Mom

First, I need to thank my amazing friend Sara for taking pictures for me...all the time. When she is around I don't even bother to get out my camera.
Sara caught me in the act of giving Jocey lunch and watching Taylor play.
God is so good at showing us just a small picture of His love for us by giving us children to love. The way Jocey looks at me and smiles with abandon is the way I want to glorify my Father. And when Taylor runs to me with tears in his eyes and asks me to kiss his hurt and knows that everything will be ok cause Mom's around. I want to live out that kind of trust with my Father. Praise Him for giving us little children to learn from.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I was just thinking about this as well. There are so many things I never fully understood until I became a mother. Like the sacrifice God made sending his ONLY son to earth to die. Like the agony Mary must have felt watching her son on the cross. But also those things that you talk about...in the relationship we can have with our Father in heaven. It becomes so real when I remember that He wants us to be like little children. What a great model. He must laugh at us so much...just like we laugh at the funny things our children do and say. But even though I "think" I understand how he must love me, I still cannot completely wrap my head around how deep and how wide His love it. Amazing.

Kristin said...

Wow...when God decides to grab my attention He goes full force! Thanks for sharing. This is how I truly want to live but I just let myself get in the way all too often. Thankfully He's around each and every time I come running back.